Blue Drum organises speciality programmes for groups seeking an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at the clockwork of Estonia’s digital innovation, as well as the lively startup ecosystem that has grown up around it.
Anyone familiar with Estonia will know its reputation as a tech-savvy nation. ‘E-Estonia’, as it’s often dubbed, has chalked up a seemingly endless list of firsts and mosts in the cyber sphere: e-government, e-banking, e-voting, e-taxes, e-health, e-schools, e-police, etc. With thousands of citizen services available online, it’s no wonder that Wired magazine has named Estonia ‘the most advanced digital society in the world’.
The private sector is equally involved in the country’s digital success story, with startups like Transferwise and Taxify making waves globally. Meanwhile, a steady supply of newcomers appear, each hoping that, with the right amounts of coffee and craft beer, they’ll find inspiration to become the next big thing.
Our tailor-made programmes in Tallinn will typically include:
– The e-Estonia Showroom, the VIP briefing centre designed to showcase the country’s digital success story and build links to leading IT service providers,
– Coffee receptions with leaders of one or more of the most successful local tech companies,
– Startup incubators such as Startup Estonia, and TalTech’s Mektory, which unites scientists and students with entrepreneurs,
– Tours of Tallinn’s hottest startup districts: Ülemiste City and/or the Telliskivi Creative City where reclaimed factories and hipster cafes set the stage,
– Local co-working spaces, where guests can see the work culture in action and witness tomorrow’s billion-euro ideas being hatched.
There’s also the option to add a Helsinki component to the trip, which would include visits to similar institutions on that side of the gulf. With many trend-watchers predicting that Tallinn and Helsinki will one day become a united urban economy, it could make sense to get the complete picture. Please note that the specifics of each programme depend on availability. For further information, contact us.